Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mockingjay

I'm currently reading Mockingjay, the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy? The book has been captivating and extremely hard to put down. I'll be sitting in class and the only thing I can think about is taking it out of my backpack and reading it. The whole idea behind District 13 is really interesting and conflicting. Their whole purpose is to dethrone the authoritarian system of the Capitol. They want to do away with their extremist regime yet district 13 is extreme itself. There are so many similarities between both governments, its appalling. They are basically claiming that to get rid of the tyrants they have to be tyrants themselves. I understand it would be hard for them to do anything else in the given situation but it is still interesting how both parties use control over the media, strict regimes, and regulations to wage their side of the war. Even though both are doing the same thing one is viewed as good and one as bad just because it was already in power. I continue to appreciate the way the author, Collins, displays Katniss. She is just as confused as me because she sees some of the same problems. She realizes that the District 13 uses people and are just as manipulative as the Capitol. She's not even sure if they will do as they plan, releasing their power into a republic. The book is extremely interesting so far and I want to finish it to see how everything works out?

No comments:

Post a Comment