Thursday, September 1, 2011

Giver?

Finished reading The Giver and I forgot how good of a book it is? I forgot that the ending was happy too. It just reminded me how much better I can read now that i'm in high school and how much more I understand when I read, thanks to Jankow for destroying our class last year. I found it interesting that the Giver and Jonas had to break the rules and completely  undermine the whole society just to show them their weak points. It goes to show that change comes from change and that when nothing changes life just goes on. The society never experienced real joy or real sorrow, they just went through the motions. The inception of emotions was bred into them with precision, they never actually got to experience it. I also finished Narnia. Narnia had a slight variation from the movie and the book especially at the end but overall I enjoyed the book. It was like being told a story. It brought back some good memories when people read books to me, man those were the times. My next read is a book called, Step On a Crack, by James Patterson. I've read some of his novels before (Worst Case  being one of my favorites) and they are amazing. They have the most ridiculous hidden messages and plot twists, along with them being detective novels. It makes the books amazing because, like the main character, you try and figure out what the psychopathic killer is going to do next. Most of the time I end up just figuring it out as the main character does because it tells you but its still fun to be a part of the case. I'm also looking forward to reading Catching Fire soon, I just need to have a couple of days freed up so I know I will just be able to read?

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I remember having to read The Giver in sixth grade. Was a good book! Still is! Awesome...

    ReplyDelete